Relieve Your Tension Headaches Naturally
Many people experiences tension headaches – which can be triggered by work pressures, stress in relationships, regular life challenges, repetitive activities and poor posture – from time to time.
Tension headaches are characterized as pain that starts in your neck and shoulders, slowly travels up the base of your skull and then wraps around your head. The following activities can contribute to tension headaches:
· Constantly looking down at your cell phone
· Working at a computer all day
· Driving for hours without rest
· Playing video games for hours
· Clenching your jaw at night or during the day
· Sleeping on your stomach
These activities overstretch the muscles on the back of your neck and weaken them, increasing your susceptibility to tension headaches. Using any muscle too much leads to pain. Chronic tension headaches can recur daily. They may come on as you wake up or after a long day of work or activity.
Fortunately, you can manage your stress and activities on your own to prevent or relieve tension-type headaches. Try these natural drug-free options:
· Minimize stress naturally through exercise, healthy diet, meditation, spiritual focus and proper rest.
· Limit the time you spend looking down at your phone. Take breaks on long drives.
· Adjust the way you sleep. Try sleeping on your back or on your side with a body pillow and your neck in neutral posture.
· Exercise and stretch, especially focusing on your neck and shoulder muscles.
· Consider a natural, drug-free treatment with upper cervical chiropractic treatment.
For more information and to find out if upper cervical chiropractic care will reduce or alleviate your headaches, call 480-325-6977. The Doctors at Foresight Chiropractic, the Valley’s premier Wellness Center are Board Certified Atlas Orthogonal specialists and have been successfully treating headaches and migraines for over 18 years.