Tips to Prevent Colds and Flu
Fall is upon us, and along with cooler temperatures, shorter days, winter visitors returning to the Valley and busy Holiday schedules, comes increased susceptibility to colds and flu.
The good news is you don’t need a flu shot to prevent the flu. Regular chiropractic care reduces the stress in nervous system and enables your body's natural immune system to be strong without the harmful side effects of drugs. In addition to chiropractic care try these natural health practices to keep you healthier this season:
1. Improve Your Immune system Naturally. We recommend the Fab 5 daily: Omega 3 Fish Oil, Whole Food Vitamin and Mineral, Vitamin D3 & K2, Probiotics, and Digestive Enzymes. Eat unprocessed foods, fruits and vegetables along with your protein.
2. Get 8 hours of Sleep. Studies have concluded that lack of sleep can double your chances of getting a bacterial or viral infection.
3. Wash your Hands Often. The amount of infected bacterial and virus matter in the air and on surfaces is increased during flu season. Wash your hands with soap and water.
4. Keep Your Hands Away from Your Face. Infected “droplets” of virus are harmless on your hands. But if you put your fingers into your nose, eyes, or mouth, the bacteria and virus can easily transfer and enter your upper respiratory tract.
5. Stay Warm. More and more studies are showing that a chilled body temperature makes you more susceptible to bacterial or viral infection. Bundle up and stay warm to keep your immune system strong.
6. Avoid Sick People. Infection passes from one to another. Avoid crowds as much as possible.
8. Get More Sun, Fresh Air and Movement. Your immune system depends on physical activity to pump white blood cells around your system. Make sure you get fresh air and move, sweat, bend and stretch your body. Enjoy outdoor activities that get you moving.
9. Stay positive and happy. Avoid negative, angry and dysfunctional people. Emotionally and spiritually unwell people impact your immune system. Likewise, negative input from television news can really bring your down.
For more information and to schedule a free consultation, call 480-325-6977. The Doctors at Foresight Chiropractic, the Valley’s premier Wellness Center, are Board Certified Atlas Orthogonal upper cervical specialists caring for families for over 18 years. Gentle and precise adjustments boost your body’s natural immunity. Stay healthy and happy, enjoying the winter season!