If you are stressed, it can send the wrong kinds of signals to the body causing the defense mechanisms of the body to become weakened. The doctors at Gilbert Chiropractic Clinic will help you to learn how unmanaged stress can lead to serious health conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, obesity and diabetes and what to do.
When you feel threatened or stressed out, a chemical reaction occurs in your body known as “fight or flight”. The adrenal glands are directly affected by stress—they are responsible for this “fight or flight” response. In a stressful situation, real or imagined, your adrenal glands raise your blood pressure, increase your heart rate, and suppress your immune system. Chemical, physical and emotional stress accumulates in the body over time leading to chronic pain and illnesses. At the Gilbert Chiropractic Clinic, you will find knowledgeable, board certified doctors and staff dedicated to helping you and your family improve and optimize your health.
What are the Symptoms of Stress?
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you may be stressed out:
· Feeling overwhelmed
· You are easily agitated, frustrated and moody
· Having difficulty relaxing and quieting your mind
· Feeling bad about yourself, lonely, depressed
· Low energy
· Frequent colds and infections
· Forgetfulness and disorganization
· Being pessimistic
· Changes in appetite
· Inability to focus
Stress can cause many health problems including:
· Digestive problems
· Heart disease
· Sleep problems
· Eating disorders
· Weight gain
· Memory and concentration impairment
Your nervous system communicates and controls every system in your body. Getting regular chiropractic adjustments helps to clear the body of stress, allowing the body to heal and repair naturally. You cannot eliminate stress completely, but you can identify and work to reduce its causes and provide your body with the help to rest and repair.
Some stress management strategies include:
· Regular chiropractic tune-ups
· Eating a healthy diet of fresh fruits and vegetables
· Getting a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise per day
· Getting 7 to 9 hours of quality, uninterrupted sleep
· Practicing relaxation techniques like meditation, deep breathing or yoga
· Enjoy an active social and community life with family and friends
Stress has a major influence on the function of your immune system. Learn more by attending a Tuesday evening Wellness Opportunity Workshop or our Advanced Health Care Class on November 18th. These complimentary classes fill up quickly so reserve your space by calling today at 480-325-6977. The doctors at Gilbert Chiropractic Clinic care for families with gentle, precise chiropractic adjustments. No poping or cracking. Call for a free consultation and enjoy life more!